Saturday, March 26, 2016

YWC-A-Fro

New York City 16 year old, Diana Crooke rocks the most amazing fro.

 



Her natural hair is big, healthy and shiny. Asked this young lady how she got her hair to that state and she said, "I never had a perm but had heat damage from blow drying, curling and straightening all the time. My ends were fried and so, I chopped off my hair and started new. I have not used any heat or straightening products in my hair for over a year."

Crooke cowashes once a week and shampoos once a month. To moisturize, she uses Shea butter and coconut oil. 

I have to say I am very inspired by this promising naturalista who not only maintains and keeps her natural hair growing long and strong but on the side is part of a YWCA program trying to eliminate racism. 



Thank you Miss Crooke. I am now a fan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment