Sunday, June 1, 2014

One year since the big chop

It's exactly one year since the big chop. Can't believe it has been that long already. But loving natural hair and it's diversity. 


I have been asked why. I have been told that I need to perm again. Been made fun of about having peasy hair. But then at the same time, been compliment. Been told I have beautiful hair from family, friends and random individuals who stop me on the street to ask about going natural. And it's great.


I stopped perming in October of 2012. That is when I decided to go natural. But with permed ends you are simply transitioning, I did the big chop on June1, 2013. 


To the experience; great. You can do so much with it; wear it curly., wash and go, twist, braid, straighten for a day or two. But for the most part, natural hair stays healthy and I live that. I actually do heart natural hair.





No comments:

Post a Comment