Saturday, April 19, 2014

I Gave Into the Heat and I'm Straight

Definitely time for a shampoo and treatment. It's been 10 months since my cut, four months since I been to the salon or used heat products, and two months since I've used shampoo. 

I condition wash everyday however, until today. I gave into the heat and discovered, my hair is longer than I thought. 

So here is how I did it. I started at home last night with an overnight oil treatment consisting of castor oil, Argan oil and lemongrass oil. 


My stylist at Fradelens in Brooklyn, Miriam, washed my hair using Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo. I like it because I have color in my hair and it is sulfate free which is perfect for my hair.

Following the shampoo, Miriam applied an Argan oil based reconstructing treatment and massaged my scalp for about five minutes prior to washing it out. 

Once rinsed, leave in and heat protection treatments were applied and the blow drying began. 


I refuse to blowdry my own hair because I won't do it as gently as a professional will. So to protect my hair from heat damage I let a stylist do it and don't use heat products often. This is my first time using heat in my hair since early December 2013. 

Miriam then trimmed my ends and then flat ironed my hair. 


And here we have, straight hair that I'm loving. Didn't know it was long because my hair is always curly and I comb my hair wet but maybe once a week. 

One thing I noticed was that of all the permed individuals doing their hair, it was the natural hair that appeared the healthiest. Not trying to make a joke but, in honest truth. Weird right? 

Perfect day to be straight. And it feels real good. Especially knowing the diversity of natural hair. In all actuality, this is the reason I heart my hair. 



No comments:

Post a Comment